Friday, June 24, 2011

Mike

We love our Mike. He is our little peacemaker. We are so grateful to have in our family.



He is our little sportsman. When we started swim team this year, he was mad at me everyday for making him do swim team. He'd tell me hated it, and ask me over and over again if I was going to make him do swim team next year. He'd get out of the pool after every lap and have a reason as to why he could not swim another lap. Until the day they had time trials. This is the where all of the kids on our swim team race against each other, so the Coaches can put them in the correct heat for their first swim meet. The time trials were all it took for Mikey to love swim team. He loves it so much that if we were going to be a minute or two late he would get upset because "he didn't want to miss a thing!" he's having a blast at swim team, and especially at the meets.



He also loves running, this year at school he participated in running club. Once a week he and Brooke would stay after school, and the kids run laps around the track. All year Brooke would tell me how Mikey was running with all of the 5th grade boys, (Mikey was in 2nd grade). At the end of the year the Running Club Coaches count all of the kids laps from the entire year, and give a trophy to the runner with the most laps. Mikey got the trophy! Pretty amazing for a second grader running against all of those older kids. I think Mikey grew six inches that day :) I'm really not kidding I don't think I've ever seen Mikey stand so talk or hold his head as high as he'd did that day. It's so so fun to see.





Mikey loves, loves his baby sister Kate, and she loves him. He's her little protector. I think Mikey is the only person in Kate's life that I haven't heard her scream or yell at. Which is pretty impressive.



This is a pic of Mikey and Andrew with Mikey's best friend, Carson. They've been buddies since we moved here, and they were only two. Considering how much time they spend together, you'd think they would fight, but not these two. I've seen them have small disagreements, but they end so quick I never even know what they are about. Mikey & Andrew on the other hand have their fair share of full on fights, but it builds character right?





Another thing Mikey loves is money. He saves and saves, and is constantly coming up with business ideas. The one he really really wants to do is to find lost dogs and help find their owners. Im not sure how he is planning to make money off of that, but He's actually found a few dogs and helped them get back home, I'm just not sure whether or not the dogs were really lost or not ??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment