Thursday, June 23, 2011

Andrew James

Here's a look at Andrew's year. Andrew went to a pre school near our house 3 days a week. I think he really liked going there, but there were plenty of days he screamed and threw a fit because, he just wanted to stay home with me. It broke my heart, but the teachers would text me after he'd been there a few minutes and tell me he was perfectly happy about 1 minute after I left. Sounds like it was a big show to try and get me to take him home. Even though I knew that was what he was doing, somehow it still got to me every time.

This is a picture of Andrew with his teachers ( Miss Elysha and Miss Lisa) at his pre school graduation. I'm sure you can see by the look on his face that he did not want to be there. Miss Elysha told me they had to threaten to carry him out on to the stage to get him to go out. She said she thought he was going to try to run. Poor boy, I know exactly how he feels. But he did a great job once he got out there.

Andrew celebrated his 5th birthday tithe end of April. We had a water party in the backyard. I'd planned a bunch of games, but the kids had so much playing on our little slide and pool that we never even got to any of the games. It was super fun until Kate pooped on the grass right next to the pool, that put a little damper on things for a minute.
(get used to it Andrew I have a feeling she'll be doing things like that to you for the rest of your life:) Andrew & Kate have a love hate but mostly love relationship. I've told Chad several times that I've never heard two kids laugh so hard together in my entire life. But, they certainly have their moments when the laughter turns quickly to tears.

It's gotta be rough being the middle child.

Andrew loves to swim. Brooke and Mike have been swimming on the League City Barracuda swim team for the last 3 or 4 years. During the month of May Brooke & Mike have swim team everyday after school, and during June it's every morning. Andrew isn't quite old enough to swim on swim team yet. So, he and Kate swim in the Barracuda training pool (a.k.a. the baby pool). Anytime he hears me talk about swim team with another adult he tells them "I'm a Barracuda in training."

Andrew is also a singer. I've been amazed lately at how well he can remember lyrics to songs. Sometimes he remembers the words a little bit differently than what they really are,that's when it gets funny. I can't think of any of the funny lines he says right now but when I do I'll add it.

We love this kid and are so glad to have him in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment