Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kates

I thought it'd be fun to highlight each of our kids for a post.

I feel like these pictures show the "REAL" Kates....

Kate is a sweetheart. She loves loves babies. I don't think she has any idea that she is the baby in our family. In her mind she is a little "Mama". Anytime we pass by a baby you'll hear Kate say "Ewwww that is a tute baby." She has this desire inside of her to take care of anything smaller than her. I watch Kate pick up balloons, or washcloths, or pillows and rock them and talk to them about how cute they are.

But there is also another side of our darling little Kates. I can't tell you how many times I've found her getting into my makeup or hair products. She LOVES the stuff, and loves to make herself "beautiful" you can literally watch her confidence grow as she adds makeup to her face and product to her hair. And I wonder why I'm running out of makeup all of the time.

She has learned to lock bedroom doors, which is super scary. We never know what form of liquid she is breaking into behind her locked doors. A few months ago Kate and I were home alone, and I was grilling chicken in the backyard. I walked outside to turn the chicken and Kate locked the back door.

The blinds were open so we could see each other through the window. She stood there and laughed as I asked her to please unlock the door. After a few seconds of laughing at me she walked over to the pantry, pulled out our big bucket of sugar, and a spoon from the drawer and smiled at me as she ate spoon full after spoon full of sugar (which she has been put in time out several times for doing).

I walked around to the front yard to see if I had a neighbor home, so I could call Chad and have him bring me a key to our house. Luckily our neighbor across the street was outside and let me use his phone. I stood by the front door as I called Chad.

You'd think Kate would've been scared that I'd left the backdoor and that she couldn't see me anymore. But, no, not our little Kates. Our little Kate was in the house singing a Kiss song (shout it, shout it, shout it out loud. We've got to have a potty :) she'd heard on a Scooby Doo cartoon, and dancing in her princess panties.

By the time I finally got a hold of a friend, Chad had been in a meeting, and was taking the phone back over to the neighbor. Little Kate graciously unlocked the front door and came running outside in her panties to sing for the neighborhood.

She got some big consequences for that one.....

No comments:

Post a Comment